The Revenue Commissioners have been contacting companies that have taken part in the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS) requesting information to ensure that companies still meet the eligibility criteria of the scheme.
The eligibility criteria are:
- Employers have suffered at least 25% reduction in turnover because of the pandemic
- Employees were included on the payroll on 29 February and
- The February payroll submission was filed before 1 April 2020
A sample of the information the Revenue Commissioners are asking for is:
- An outline of the nature of the business
- A summary of the impact of the Covid-19 restrictions on the operations of the business
- Requests for specific employee payslips to ensure the TWSS amount was displayed correctly
For clients in certain sectors it is likely that further detail will be required however this will differ from case to case.
If your business still meets the eligibility criteria, then TWSS will stay in place for the business. If you have any questions on the TWSS and how it applies to your business, then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org